Friday, January 12, 2007

Stranded



Stranded


I struggled all afternoon with what I really should do. On one hand, I had come this far and it would be a shame to not make it to the race. On the other hand, going farther from home in these conditions would be extremely foolish. I may very well make things worse by being stranded 1000 miles away from home instead of 650 miles away. At about midnight I got dressed and went out to the 640. I stood there for a few minutes contemplating whether I should go for it or not. I then changed my mind and went back to my room and got undressed. This same series of events repeated themselves about 6 times until early Saturday morning. I just couldn’t pull the trigger on getting farther from home. Somewhere in the back of my mind I knew it was foolish and the adventurer in me failed to act. I fell asleep around 0400.
http://www.sport-touring.net/forums/index.php/topic,756.0.html

No comments: